Position: Resident Advisor for Serbia at EU Technical Assistance to civil society at Western Balkan and Turkey
Summary of Relevant Qualifications and Experience
· Advanced knowledge of Serbia social, legal and political environment, especially related to civil society role and position; social protection system and Serbia EU integration process.
· Experienced Program Director with core competencies in designing and management of social and democracy development programs (CRDA) and technical assistance for NGOs (TACSO).
· Qualified trainer and mentor for organizational development, strategic planning, citizens’ participation and institutional and partnership building, advocacy and project designing and management .
· Expertise in social assessments, capacity building needs assessments and monitoring and evaluation.
· Expertise in participatory planning and research methodologies.
· Advanced qualification for facilitation of multi stakeholders decision making strategic processes
· Native Serbo-Croatian and advanced English speaker.
· Managing 8-years EU Technical Assistance for Civil society Development program (TACSO) in Serbia; Design and implement national priority actions for CSOs enabling environment; capacities development, CSOs participation and cooperation with government. This includes expert’s services provision for EU DG NEAR CSF (Civil society Facility) on setting up indicators and monitoring progress in the country.
· In the field of assessment/ research, gained wide experience producing national CSOs needs assessment documents (TACSO), CSOs’ and network’s organizational capacity assessments. With the World Bank team, worked on Poverty and Social Impact Assessment related to social transition in Serbia: Social impact of PEU Resavica mines privatization and Qualitative research of subjective experiences and perspectives with regard to the process of leaving a public-sector companies
· Consultancy services for various international and domestic clients in the areas of: democracy and civil society development, social protection system, strategic and operational planning (national local level), projects evaluation, research and analysis. Clients: IOM, UNICEF, UNDP, DFID, EAR, EU, The World Bank, Save the Children, People in need, GIZ.
· Extensive experience related to implementation and development of social welfare system in Serbia: Training and mentorship for Ministry for labor and social affairs to support municipal social protection strategic planning (10 municipalities ); Training and mentorship on local action plans for refugees and IDPs (7 municipalities)
· Within USAID funded program Community Revitalization through Democratic Action (CRDA), implemented by America’s Development Foundation (ADF), managed Community Mobilization Unit (29 staff members); Implementation of 815 community and cluster projects in 26 municipalities in Vojvodina and East Serbia. Facilitated establishing and capacity building of 52 Community Development Associations (CDAs) and conduct or supervise delivering of more than 80 trainings on organizational and community development.
· Delivered over 150 trainings and seminars mostly for Serbia NGOs, networks and local public officials, being Team TRI member (trainers team for civil society organizations development), member of Serbia Standing Conference of towns and municipalities (SKGO) training team and Resource Center for development “Alfa” team.